A delightful Turkish pasta dish, Firinda Makarna can be served as part of a main course dinner – a delicious pasta meal.
For the Sauce:
3 cups grated cheese
2 ¼ cups milk
3 cloves of garlic chopped finely
3 tbsp flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried parsley
½ tsp red pepper flakes
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ tbsp salt
For the Pasta:
1 package pasta
1 tsp oil
1 tsp salt
1. Boil water in a large pot. Add in the pasta to the boiling water. Allow for about 12-13 minutes for the pasta to cook. Add in a little bit of oil and a pinch of salt so that the pasta does not stick together while it is cooking.
2. Heat olive oil on a medium heat in a deep pan. Add garlic and sauté to the pan for about 2 minutes. Add in to the pan: the milk, parsley, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes prior to adding flour. Stir the ingredients for a minute and add flour. Stir constantly and thoroughly so that the flour does not end in lumps. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens slightly. Tip: If you get lumps, you could use hand mixer to soften
3. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Drain the pasta and pour the white sauce over the pasta and mix. Tip: You could put one cup of grated cheese inside the source as well and mix with together for that extra cheesy flavour!
4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top of the pasta and bake for 25/30 minutes or until the top of the pasta starts to take a brownish colour.
5. Take the pasta out of the oven and serve warm… Enjoy!
Have you enjoyed our Firinda Makarna recipe? Let us know in our Turkey Expat Forum! You can also recommend to us a recipe you would like to see featured on our website. Please contact us with your suggestions!